Criteria for accessing Spacious Places
- You are 18 years old or older (we accept both men and
- You want to address an ongoing problem with drugs and/or alcohol.
- You are working towards abstinence. This may be in a controlled way with prescriptions from a doctor.
- You successfully complete an assessment interview.
- You are able to commit to 15 hours of structured day treatment per week for as long as is necessary to tackle the issues surrounding your addition. This programme must take priority.
- You attend a minimum of two 12 Step meetings with Narcotics Anonymous or Alcoholics Anonymous in the week leading up to starting the programme. Failure to do so will result in not being accepted. After starting the programme you will be expected to attend as many AA/NA meetings as possible.
- You are not related to or in a relationship with another client on the programme. If a couple of two related individuals want to join the programme at any one time every effort will be made to find a placement on another suitable programme by the staff.
- You are willing to make all other appointments where
possible outside the hours of Spacious Places.
Upon starting the programme you will undergo a four week trial period. If deemed unsuitable by the staff you may be asked to leave. However, we would ensure to put you in contact with other service providers in the city who can better provide for you.